What is a Rate Discount?
This tutorial will explain what a Rate Discount is and what it can be used for.
You apply a discount on any of your rate sheets for a specific period of time using a percentage (%).
Open the "Rate Discounts" in setup.
If you're not sure how to access NBSetup, please check this tutorial.
When setting up a Rate Discount you will need to select the type that you would like to setup. We have Basic, Early Bird, Last Minute, Rate Grid, as well as a Promo Codes.
What is it used for?
This facility allows you to increase or decrease your rates by a percentage for any period of time or season. This can be done either for a specific rate sheet and therefore all of the channels linked to that rate sheet, or it could be done for just one channel.
You can setup different types of overrides that dictate when the override would be enforced. Learn more about the types of rate discounts here.
Remember that some channels require that your ensure rate parity across all channels. Be careful not to make your rates different on competing channels.
Booking.com restricts promotions to a maximum of 7 nights so any rate discount you set up with a higher minimum night stay than that will automatically be adjusted on their system.
When would I need to make use of this?
- If you would like to increase or decrease your rates temporarily without manually changing the rates that you've setup in your rate sheet.
- To offer your guests a discount when they book far in advance so you fill up beds far in advance.
- To offer your guests a discount if they booking last minute so that you can fill up beds that would have gone empty otherwise.
- To be able to setup one override rule that would be applicable for multiple dates (public holidays).
- To be able to override the standard rates for short periods of time (Easter weekend, Christmas, New Years, etc.).
Early Bird or Last minute discounts are not available on all channels.
How are Rate Discounts displayed on the NightsBridge booking form?
The biggest discount will also show up on room selection.
If you apply a rate discount, the booking form will show the % saved for that day as well as a strike-through that show the original rate.
Please note that:
- Discounted rates will show under the "Available Rates" section on the booking form when the guest selects the room they want to book.
- If you override your rates with an increase, the increased rate will show as if it's a normal rate with no strike-through.