How do "Promo Codes" work?
Once you have setup a Promo Code, it can be applied on your booking form by prospective guests or agents to activate a unique discount on your rates.
Promo codes can be applied manually by entering the code on your NightsBridge booking form, or automatically by using a 'straight-to-the-rate' Promo Code link.
How do Promo Codes discount my rates?
A Promo Code will show an additional discount or saving on the best available rate (BAR) on your booking form.
That means that when a guest or agent enters the Promo Code they will get access to a saving that nobody else can get.
How do Promo Codes work in combination with other discounts?
If you have another rate discount set up over the same dates as your promo code, the promo code discount will be applied on top of the best available rate (BAR).
This means that if you have a Basic Discount set up, and you apply a promo code, the resulting discount will treat the original basic discount as the BAR. The resulting discount will be a combination of the Basic discount and the Promo Code discount.
How ALL GUESTS will see your Best Available Rate:
In this example the best discount on offer (20% Basic) is deducted from Cosy Guest House's rack rate of R1,000.00 to get to the Best Available Rate (BAR).
How your rates will change with a PROMO CODE applied:
In this example Cosy Guest House emailed a small group of guests a promo code for their special additional discount for National Heritage Day or 'Braai Day'.
This promo code would be called 'COSYBRAAI' and would allow these guests exclusive access to a further discount of 10%, which is applied on top of the BAR (Best Available Rate).
How are Promo Codes applied on my booking form?
Promo codes can be applied on your NightsBridge booking form manually by hand or automatically using a 'straight-to-the-rate' booking link.
1. Manual application on your booking form
For a visitor to your booking form to access their discounted Promo Code rate they follow the following steps:
- Click on Do you have a promo code?
- Enter the Promo Code they have been provided
- Click Apply
The booking form will change the arrival date to the first available date in the period for which the Promo Code is active for, and the guest will see their special Promo Code discount displayed in the following locations:
- In the rate display as a strikethrough saving on the best available rate.
- Below Daily Rate (BAR) with a hashtag #.
- In the Booking information section of the booking form as a saving on the total booking.
2. Automatic application using a 'straight-to-the-rate' booking link
If a visitor clicks on one of your 'straight-to-the-rate' booking links for a Promo Code, they will be directed to your booking form with the arrival date set to the first available date in the period for which the Promo Code is active.
- The Promo Code will be entered and applied automatically.
- Their discount will be displayed as a strikethrough saving on the best available rate.
- The Promo Code will be displayed below Daily Rate (BAR) with a hashtag #.
- They will see their discount as a saving on the total booking in the Booking information section of their booking.
Click here to read more about how to use the Promo Code "straight to the rate" link.